Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

A lady at a coffee shop

I study the Bible, deep in understanding, attempting to shut out the rest of the world.  I grab my cup of coffee and with an awkward jerk, spill some of it on my pants, and on my bible.  A lady sitting across from me at the little coffee shop witnesses my clumsiness.  With a look radiating with empathy, she quickly gets napkins and hands them to me.  I don't know anything about this woman but God used her to remind me what is important.    

"...though I understand all mysteries and all knowledge,...but have not love, I am nothing."

I study the Bible to what end?  Knowledge without love?  Without love, all Bible study, all learning is utterly worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment