Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

The one thing God is after...

God does not NEED your money.

Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and to God the things that are God's. 


God is not concerned with the amount of your giving.

Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.


God is not concerned with great works of men.

Though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor and give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.


God is after one thing, your heart.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 


Stop concerning yourself with your works because God's not.  Stop putting the weight of the world on your shoulders and make sure your heart is right with the Lord.


Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a pharisee and the other a tax collector.  The pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men - extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'  And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'   I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other.

I say all this as a reminder to myself but I hope others will read and be reminded as well.

Stop trying to do good things.  Let love and peace of Jesus fill you up.

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: 
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.



**Scripture verses:
Luke 20:25
Luke 21:3
1 Corinthians 13:3
Matthew 6:33
Luke 18:10-14
Psalm 37:5-6,

No comments:

Post a Comment