Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

Trip Preparation, Part 1

This past week has been very busy as I finally begin to prepare, in earnest, for my trip in January. It feels like I've added another part time job to the mix. I had to get a new passport. My last one got a little beat up after 8 months traveling through South and Central America and last time I came from out of the country, the customs guy said I had to get a new one before I travel again. The normal processing time for a passport is 4-6 weeks. I went to the City of MLT to apply for a new passport on December 1st, exactly 6 weeks from then is January 12th, the day I leave. So lets hope and pray my application is processed fast!

I have also finished writing, printing,and folding my prayer/support letters and am in the process of sending them out. It's hard and awkward for me sometimes to send those letters out because frankly, I'm afraid of what some people will think. Pray for me, that I will let God take control and stop concerning myself with selfish things. The main purpose of the letter and my blog updates is to let people be a part of what God will do. It is amazing to know that I have a team of friends supporting me through prayer, that truly care, and are reading the updates. That means way more to me than financial support. I know the Lord will provide me with enough each day.

“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matthew 6:31-34).

If you do give, do so with joy! Paul reminds us in his letter to the Corinthians:

"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:7).


Thank you all for your love and support!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment