Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

Report from HOREB

Lupita swings at the park one fun Friday
6th grade class photo at the park

The first quarter is almost over for the children.  Next week will be exams and then they will have the week after that off for Semana Santa (Holy week).  The teachers have been meeting every Monday morning for devotions while the children have been having devotions every Thursday.  They have been learning how to sow and all have been working on making their own scarfs.  Their English has improved by leaps and bounds.  I was pleasantly surprised with the 6th graders last week when they went in front of the class and introduced themselves in English.  I thought I would have to guide them, but over half the class memorized everything in English with good pronunciation, good vocabulary, and with no help from me.  The 5th grade teacher leaves early most days to get to his other job and so I have been spending some time with the 5th graders at the end of the day.  I have been teaching them the song "Trading my Sorrows" in English.  The kids really pick up songs very fast and has been a wonderful teaching tool.  Next Tuesday, the children will compete in Soccer and one girl will compete in a running competition.  They are excited for that.  Thank you for your support of this school!  Here are some more photos:

3rd and 4th grade girls pose with teacher's son at the soccer field

1st grade class photo inside their new classroom

Devotion with the 1st graders

Ines helps me film a class play while Delia watches

Maria dressed up for her role in the play

A mock classroom situation

Children sowing


Children clean after school

No comments:

Post a Comment