Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

Who are you?


For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. (Psalm 139:13)

I walk through this life unsure of where I am going.  Sometimes I even forget who I am.  That is when I shuffle my feet, hands in pocket, looking down.  I wonder why life is so long and what its purpose is.  But, then I hear a whisper into my soul, something stirs it.  I catch a glimpse. 

God made all of us unique with all of our unique gifts and with our unique souls.  How incredible that with seven billion people on the planet today and the hundreds of billions that have come before us and will come after us, that we are all unique.  We all have our own special mixture of talents, gifts, and personalities to offer.

But as the world gets more connected, we are losing ourselves in the process.  We begin to listen to the racket around us.  It is no longer just the noise in our day to day lives, but also the cacaphony of ideas on the internet.  The facebook posts, the tweets, the millions of opinions floating around of how people should live their lives (which maybe includes this blog).  But then we forget to ask God, why am I here?  What is the purpose?  Who am I?

Don’t let all this racket control your life.  Don’t let people be the judge of you.  You have only one Judge in heaven.  We must take time in our lives to strip everything away.  To disconnect.  To spend time alone with God and discover for ourselves the answer to that all important question.  Because the answer will give you direction to your life and light a fire into you.  It will light a fire because your soul will wake up and rejoice.  YES!  That is why I am here!  That is who I am!!!!!!  We may never find out what our futures hold, but we, by rediscovering our purpose, will come alive with new meaning. 

So let us stop going through the motions, living life the way others want us to live it.  But take the time to disconnect, with just you and the Creator of the universe, and rediscover your soul.  It’s still there somewhere, buried under all the worries and cares of this world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment