Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

Adventure Monday

Santa Avelina
This Monday, I began by taking a microbus to Xolcuay, to watch the beginning of the classes this month.  I walked from Xolcuay to the main fork and caught a microbus to Cotzal.  I then took another microbus to Santa Avelina, my first time in this wonderul town.  I was there to visit a Christian school called HELPS.  I came away highly impressed with the school and it gave me a vision for what the Horeb school could be with more support.  Afterward, I explored.  I walked up the hill to get a better view of town and to my astonishment I saw a beautiful waterfall way out in the distance.  Of course, I walked to it.  On that hot, sunny day the mist of the waterfall felt just right.  Here are a few photos from Santa Avelina!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment