Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

Now Fully Present in the United States


I don’t know why, but I feel like my first day back coaching was yesterday even though I have been coaching for two weeks.  There has been a part of me that has been going through the motions.  Coaching swimming feels second nature to me, kind of like driving a car.  It is not like I was not doing my job but I never felt fully invested.  Some of the children were excited to see me when I returned but a part of me still felt numb.  I was not yet adjusted back to my old life in this now strange land.  Yesterday, I was 100% in the moment and it felt great.  While I had physically seen the kids the past two weeks, I don’t feel like I actually saw them until today.  I feel the Lord calling me to go back to Guatemala.  At the same time, in this moment of my life, I know I am supposed to be right here in the United States.  The Lord has given me this wonderful opportunity to be a positive role model in the lives of many children.  Why would I waste it by not being fully present? 

Lord, take away all distractions from my head and help me be fully present.  Help me to love the way that You love, to be willing to lay my life down for another.  Lead me in teaching and in integrity.  Lord, may Your light be reflected in the way I live my life for Your glory, always.

1 comment: