Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

It has Begun

It has been a whirlwind 48 hours.  I took a red eye flight from Seattle to Miami, waited 3 hours, and then flew into Guatemala City.  I had arranged for friends to come pick me up at the airport but something had come up, and they could not make it there.  My family is blessed to know such wonderful people in Guatemala, and all it took was one simple phone call to remedy the situation.  Before I knew it I was in the back of a pick up heading over to a friends house.  There were workers from Agros heading to Nebaj later that day and so I rode in their crowded truck, arriving at 11:00 at night.  Having left my parents house at 6:00 the night before, that made for one long travel day (27 hours to be exact and 38 hours without a bed). 

Today, I am recovering here in Nebaj before beginning my work in Cotzal tomorrow.  While still crazy, it feels much more familiar and comfortable here than it did a year ago.  I am looking forward to seeing Tabita and some of the HOREB teachers tomorrow.       

No comments:

Post a Comment