Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

Lesson 1 - Be Still and Know that I am God

 The week before I left, my mind was occupied with the tasks I still needed to perform, checking all the items off my list.  It is easy to get into that mode and then begin believing in the illusion that I am in control.  The day before my journey, I read these words in Psalm 46:10.  I felt the Lord saying to me that even if I went down to Guatemala with nothing, completely unprepared, He would still be there and use me if I just became available.  All the stuff that I think I´m in control of, I´m really not.  I shouldn´t feel the need to do, do, do, do.  I felt God telling me to simply be still with the knowledge that God would use me if I sought after Him.

Be Still and Know that I am God (Psalm 46:10 NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. Don't we struggle with that ALL the time, particularly in our American culture? Being still often brings disdain from those around us and guilt that we place upon ourselves. But if we're always "talking", how can we hear His voice? God is glorified through the people He uses, and all the more when someone follows Him outside of their comfort zone feeling ill-equipped. God will most certainly use you in ways we can't even imagine..and all the glory belongs to Him!!

    ReplyDelete