Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Writings

Miscomunicadation

One contact I have down here is a man named Mario.  He works for Agros, a non-profit that helps poor indigenous villages become self-sustainable and own their own land.  I called him and left an embarassingly poor message in Spanish.  To my luck, he called me back but then while trying to speak Spanish over the phone, he hung up on me, thinking I was a stranger.  I needed to contact him so I could get a free ride to Nebaj through Agros.  I emailed him and he replied telling me he would be in Antigua today and that I could get a ride to Nebaj with a man named Carlos on Monday.  I called Mario to see if could see him in Antigua.  I was at the central park of Antigua and he told me to wait there and they would come.  An hour later he came and was ready to leave for Nebaj right at that moment.  I had already told my hotel I would spend another night and was totally unprepared to leave.  He thought I wanted a ride to Nebaj today and I thought we were going to meet up to talk.  Miscomunicado.  It was good to see Mario briefly though, he is a good man and the work he and Agros does is really important for the people of this region.  I really need to get better with my Spanish.  Pray for me for that!

Anyway, the plan is to leave for Nebaj on Monday morning.  An Agros worker named Carlos will come and pick me up at my hotel.  I hope you people in Seattle are enjoying your snow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment